[rescue] Sun SparcStation 5 Memory

Nadine Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Mon Jan 26 12:22:35 CST 2004

Zach Lowry wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> I just picked up 3 SS5s, and only one has any memory in it. I got the
> Sparcs, a CD-ROM, some VGA Adapters, a Sound Adapter, some FrameBuffers,
> 15 SCA Disks, and some mice and keyboards for $1 on eBay. Does anyone
> have any spare Ram for these things that they'd be willing to part with?
> Also, none of them have CD-ROMs/Floppies either, if anyone has a load of
> those that they're not doing anything with.

I'm sending this to the list on purpose since others
may be interested.

I have 2 or 3 "caddy" type SCSI CD-ROM drives that
were in disk trays attached to sparcs.  You would
need a SCSI container to put them into (they are
too big for the SS5/SS20 bay) before you could
use them.  I'm not sure I have caddies for all of
them (but those are easier to find).

These are probably 1-2x speeds, 4x max (doubtful).
Pay for postage and it's yours.

Drop me an email if interested (I'm in CA).

=Nadine=