[rescue] Cluesticks (was Mounting and Dumping)

Devin L. Ganger devin at thecabal.org
Tue Jan 20 14:38:11 CST 2004

Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> Teachers unions in the US seem to be hurting the education system pretty
> badly.

Well, since it looks like the governments, parents, and students were
all in on it, they wanted their piece of the pie too.

As a parent with kids at the low end of the school system, I shudder.
At least we have (or are in the process of getting, for the youngest)
that nice little cluestick of an "autism spectrum" diagnosis, which
means my kids bring additional Federal funds to whatever school district
they are in, which means school district officials actually listen to us
when we express displeasure.  And for both kids, the ASD is mild enough
that with early intervention, we're getting a good handle on it.  At
least the money for in-classroom aides and such are helping benefit some
of the other kids who don't have that luxury.

--
Devin L. Ganger <devin at thecabal.org>
"Aikido is based around the central precept of letting an attack take