[rescue] Elite3D Question

Stephen Sukovich ssukovich at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Jan 19 21:45:15 CST 2004

>I wish OpenBSD could come up after a crash or power outage the way an
>XFS-based Linux can - a few seconds for XFS recovery during boot,
>which you hardly notice.

Freebsd 5.x has a feature called background fscking (don't you dare joke
-_-) it of all things... checks your disks after a crash in the
background instead of fscking at boot. It works EXCEPT if you have a
multi terabyte raid... unless they fixed that

> XFS - THE FILESYSTEM OF THE FUTURE.

I believe I read something about the dragonflybsd people trying to port
xfs to there system... or was it someone saying someone should do it ^_^

--Patrick