[rescue] Cluesticks (was Mounting and Dumping)

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Sun Jan 18 07:39:39 CST 2004

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 17:45:29 -0600 (CST), Eric Dittman wrote:
> That's trading one evil for another.  I've never seen a union that
> wasn't corrupt, and after hearing stories about the shit that unions
> pull with trade shows in some areas I don't want any part of them.

There's many in the UK that perceive unions to be 'mad, bad, and
dangerous to know' although UK unions had a tendency to be mad (taken
over by the extreme left) rather than bad (corrupt). I suspect though
that many (maybe even most) UK unions are quietly doing the right thing
for their members without making news ... and most of us get our
knowledge of unions from the news or from areas of abuse which gives a
skewed impression of what unions are like.

And no I'm not a union member (although I did briefly belong to UNISON
and was surprised at what they do apart from going on strike every 20
years or so).