[rescue] Netra T1120 power source

David L Kindred (Dave) d.kindred at telesciences.com
Fri Jan 16 15:32:58 CST 2004

    Harold> I have been looking for manuals/literature/whatever to list
    Harold> what to use for a source of -48V for the Netra T1120 that I
    Harold> just acquired.

In our labs here we use, and have used for years, a fair number of Sola
supplies.  The same model is available from Allied:

  The catalog page:

  <http://www.alliedelec.com/catalog/pf.asp?FN=609.pdf>

  and the specific model:

  <http://www.alliedelec.com/cart/partlookup.asp?ST=AS&PartNumber=9212142>

I have a strong feeling that you don't want to be paying $680.60 (US
Dollars) though.

It would not surprise me in the least to find these in the used/surplus
market, as they seem to last forever (simple design, no moving parts).

They certainly don't meet safety codes for residential use though, and
certainly wouldn't be considered attractive looking except to a hardcore
geek.

--
David L. Kindred
Unix Systems & Network Administrator