[rescue] Catatonia in the SGI Indigo2

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Fri Jan 16 13:57:17 CST 2004

Sheldon T. Hall wrote ...

> That's two votes for checking the cooling, so I'll do that.

All fans are running, there was not an excessive amount of dust.  There's
_no_ dust now, as I've blown it all out.

> I'm also going to try the same activities, but without running Distributed
> Folding at the same time.

In addition to stopping DF, I closed a few other apps, then tried to burn
another CD.  The machine died in the same way as before, i.e. monitor dark,
no reaction to anything.  The light on the front of the system was green,
though.  Sometimes when it has failed, the light had been yellow, but this
has not been consistent.

Has anyone any better ideas than ...

Take the machine to bits and reseat everything.
Try burning again.
Take out the 10baseT card, autoconfigure.
Try again.
Put these system disks in another, similar I^2.
Etc.

Thanks.

-Shel