[rescue] Catatonia in the SGI Indigo2

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Thu Jan 15 21:20:12 CST 2004

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 09:24:35PM -0500, Matthew Haas wrote:

>  I think I remember reading somewhere (perhaps here) that SGIs can act as
> a vacuum cleaner, sucking up hoards of dust, and doing quite a good job at
> packing it in.

My Octane packs in an amazing amopunt of dust in a weeks time.  I don't
clean it carefully every week, but I do vacuum off the vents
periodically.

However, an Octane, unlike an Indigo2, uses quite delicate compression
connectors, so you don't want  to pull parts more than absolutely
nescesary on one.