[rescue] Danger Color Sidekick -or- Nokia 3300 ?

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Thu Jan 15 09:13:27 CST 2004

Brooke Gravitt <brooke at gravitt.org> wrote:
[...]
> Ouch. $549! For that, I could just stay with $print and buy a Treo 600,
> and save myself the trouble of porting my number. The P800 is cool as
> hell, but I'm not planning on buying another ultra-expensive phone.

$549? That's about #20 these days, isn't it? ;)

The RRP on the P900 is #549, so the usual #1=$1 conversion factor seems to
apply. OK, so you're looking at the P800, but the difference seems to be
mainly in the firmware and case design.

The P900 makes a lousy phone if you just want to use it as a phone though.
All that PDA functionality gets in the way.

ObOldTech: The P900 makes a lovely Viewdata terminal though, and it's faster
over GPRS (assuming the server is Internet-connected, of course) than at
1200/75 :)

--
The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.
							- Albert Einstein