[rescue] Danger Color Sidekick -or- Nokia 3300 ?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Jan 14 00:25:54 CST 2004

On Jan 13, 2004, at 11:55 PM, brooke wrote:
> Ok, my warranty replacement for my year-old Toshiba 2032SP turned out
> to be a Handspring Treo 300 (for some reaason, Sprint was out of
> refurb 2032s). DOA out of the box. So, a second Treo 300 was
> dispatched, which I promptly dropped and broke yesterday.
>
> I'm SOL, as I'm not under contract any more with Sprint, but they want
> me to re-up with a 2-year agreement (on both my wife's and my own
> phone) in order to get a decent deal on a new phone. No thanks. I'll
> probably go with t-mobile or AT&T.
>
> So, I'm looking at 2 phones:
>
> Danger Color Sidekick @ t-mobile
>
> --or--
>
> Nokia 3300 @ AT&T wireless
>
> Any thoughts, comments, suggestions?  I know there was a pretty decent
> discussion on the sidekick recently, but I wasn't really paying
> attention (and with the archives down, I couldn't look.)
>
> I value you people's opinions more than anyone else on these sorta
> subjects, so what say you?

   I have a Color Sidekick and it rocks.  I have some serious coverage
problems at my new house, but I will be whining to them about that
soon.  The web browser (a REAL web browser...not useless toy WAP
bullshit) kicks ass, and the SSH client, while slow, has made my life
MUCH easier.  The email client (which is a real POP client, configured
to POP mail from my mail server and send email out as
mcguire at neurotica.com) is also wonderful.

   No, I don't work for Danger or T-Mobile. :)

         -Dave