[rescue] Power question...

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Mon Jan 12 22:56:27 CST 2004

Bill Bradford wrote:

>Speaking of power - anybody had experience with the "Brickwall"
>surge supressors?  http://www.brickwall.com.  I'm considering buying
>a couple; one for the computer room and one to put between my 51" TV
>and the wall..

I have one of these on my home theater equipment:

http://www.rotel.com/products/specs/rlc900.htm

I'd highly reccomend one.  The coolest thing about it is that it has two
power cables.  One plugs into the wall, and provides all of the actual
power, and the other controls weather everything is turned on or not.
In my case, i have the main power line plugged into the wall, and the
control line plugged into the switched power output of my reciever.  The
reciever is plugged into the always on output of the rlc-9000.  So, when
i turn on the reciever, it turns on power to everything else, and when i
turn the reciever off, it turns everything else off.

    -Dan Sikorski