[rescue] Power question...

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Jan 12 15:57:07 CST 2004

On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 03:51:33PM -0500, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Do not APC SmartUPSen *include* power conditioning?  It was certainly
> always my impression that they did.

As far as I know, APC UPSen, at least the "desktop" or "personal" units
like the SmartUPS, are "offline" UPSes - they flip over to battery when
a loss of power is detected.

Bigger stuff, like the Matrix stacks, are "online" - you're running off
battery, and charging said battery, continuously.

Speaking of power - anybody had experience with the "Brickwall"
surge supressors?  http://www.brickwall.com.  I'm considering buying
a couple; one for the computer room and one to put between my 51" TV
and the wall..

Bill

--
bill bradford