[rescue] Mailbox baseball (was: looking for DEC VT525)

Carl R. Friend crfriend at rcn.com
Mon Jan 12 15:32:30 CST 2004

   On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:

> It's based on a true story, although it's a bit enhanced.  It
> happened in Atlanta, but I've seen a plagarized version on the
> 'net where the plagarist changed "Atlanta" to some city in Texas
> ("Dallas", IIRC).

   *Thank* *you* for that wonderful pointer!  I haven't laughed
quite that hard in a good long while (too long, actually).

   "...four twelve-foot lengths of 132-pound-per-running-yard mainline
railroad rail. ... some what over seven feet of each rail was inserted
into the firm Georgia clay...."

   There's an engineering term for that: "overkill".

   'Tis a pity it'd be illegal where I'm from.  We like to let
"society" deal withur miscreants rather than Darwin.  Personally, I
think it's a good thing that "Uncle Chuck" is looking after us in
some of the less "urbane" places.

   Cheers.