[rescue] Sparc OS Install over serial

Tom Ponsford tponsford at theriver.com
Tue Jan 6 19:50:04 CST 2004

On a second look, it looks even easier

Check the web page for it:

ftp://minnie.tuhs.org/pub/PDP-11/Vtserver/vtreadme.html

It looks like vanilla ansi C. and your host machine can be x86. So compiling
is not the issue.
The only issue is creating boot blocks -->  boot image, but it looks lt could
be done with a little (not mine ) time.
but with the source code available for netbsd and freebsd, it should not be a
big issue. I would try one of the netboot files just for starters, and go from
there.

Cheers

Tom Ponsford