[rescue] IRIX 6.5.20f disks

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Feb 28 11:54:06 CST 2004

On Feb 28, 2004, at 12:28 PM, Joshua Boyd wrote:
>> So I guess Irix Photoshop is out. You can run Bochs on irix, with
>> Windows / photoshop within it, but that is way too slow and unstable.
>> Maybe wine? Has wine ever been ported to Irix, assuming it doesn't
>> rely
>> on x86 specific instructions, but then how would you get the x86
>> binaries to run? So that is ruled out also.
>
> Wine Is Not an Emulator. :)
>
> Maybe there would be a way to combine bochs and wine.  It would be
> faster than pure emulation, but still slow.

   An acquaintance of mine was looking for exactly that functionality a
few days ago, and he found it.  I don't remember what it was called,
but I will ask him the next time I see him.  A little googling should
get you where you want to be.

         -Dave

Cape Coral, FL                   feels a little better."     -Ed