[rescue] OS for PA-RISC

Torquil MacCorkle, III torquil at chemist.com
Fri Apr 30 21:56:19 CDT 2004

> Yeah, I think that's true, but that's not a free/downloadable OS, right?
> I was hoping to find something interesting (read 'something I haven't
> used before') for free, and NextStep fit the bill. It, though, doesn't
> run on a 715.
>
> HPBSD looked interesting, too, but releases are no longer offered. I
> could just load HP-UX 11 or 10.20 on it, but I was trying to find
> something more fun.

I got a 712 (also from Lionel, thanks), it looks like the NetBSD port is
abandoned, only a -CURRENT snapshot and no updates on the port/hp700 site in
2 years.

I'd be interested in what you discover runs on these as well (although I
don't know what differences there will be in your faster 715 versus my 712.)