[rescue] OS for PA-RISC

Steve Sandau ssandau at gwi.net
Fri Apr 30 21:35:32 CDT 2004

>>>NextStep like?  Err, OpenStep?  Except I don't think it will work on
>>>PaRisc.
>>
>>Looking around, this seems to be the case: not on PA-RISC.
>

> NextStep 3.2 or 3.3 was the latest version.  I think it will run on
> the 715 series.

Yeah, I think that's true, but that's not a free/downloadable OS, right?
I was hoping to find something interesting (read 'something I haven't
used before') for free, and NextStep fit the bill. It, though, doesn't
run on a 715.

HPBSD looked interesting, too, but releases are no longer offered. I
could just load HP-UX 11 or 10.20 on it, but I was trying to find
something more fun.

SteveS