[rescue] Compaq Proliant 8000

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Apr 30 15:12:50 CDT 2004

Fri, 30 Apr 2004 @ 12:06 -0600, Peter L. Wargo said:

> Ahem.  I must disagree.  A G5 is most certainly a UNIX workstation.  The
> one sitting on my desk is doing a fine job of being one.

The original thread was specifically about UNIX worktations.

I even made it a point to say "outside of the PC/Apple world".

> > > How about current ... near SunBlade 2000 power or more...
> > Nice.  $5800 used.
>
> Try the Blade 2500.

OK, only $4000.  Or is that too high a price for one?

> We picked up one of the dual 1.28GHz systems at work, with XVR-600
> gfx, and it's pretty much dead-even on our benchmarks with a Sual
> 2.4Ghz Xeon box.

In the context of the original thread though, this isn't a good PC
replacment.

It would be an awesome high end PC replacement though.

I'd love to see a herd of these in the cubicle farms.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["The strength of the Constitution lies
entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it.  Only if every