[rescue] Compaq Proliant 8000

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Apr 30 11:56:08 CDT 2004

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004, Joshua Boyd wrote:

> > * 2GHz Athlon
> > * 512MB RAM
> > * current sweet-spot (cost versus speed) nVidia or Radeon graphics
> > * 64-bit PCI SCSI, dual channel
> > * pair of fast drives
>
> That's garden variety?  Around here that would could as a hot-rodded
> high end PC.

I was thinking the same thing.  The faster of the two PCs I have here is
an AthlonXP 1800 with IDE and GeForce 3 graphics.  I got the video card
for free, and recycled the sound from another box, and it still cost me
about $700 a few months ago.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Being on the Internet is not the same as being
Elgin, TX         (   famous.  That's like calling Cheetos 'dinner'."