[rescue] Re: ethernet and switches, Dell networking

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Fri Apr 30 09:43:49 CDT 2004

I was conducting a security audit this past Tuesday at a
charitable organization.  The SA didn't know how to set a
monitoring port on the Dell switch(s) so she called Dell.  The
guy on the phone didn't seem to understand the very basic concept
of a monitoring port so we just gave up with the call.

Dell may make some stuff that's decent and some that's crap, but
they are not a "networking" company.  I'm not buying ANY
networking equipiment from a company whose primary business is to
sell x86 boxen to home users.

Dude, you're gettin' a Dell....... FUCK that.

BTW: i finally did accomplish what i needed by setting
multiple port mirrors, but figuring out this contrived method
wasted much time, which in turn was a direct cost to the charity.

/KRM