[rescue] Compaq Proliant 8000

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Thu Apr 29 14:41:14 CDT 2004

Dave McGuire writes ...
> On Apr 29, 2004, at 2:59 PM, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
> > The problem isn't that the thing was poorly designed for its time, but
> > that we haven't learned from the PC's design compromises and moved on
> > to something better.
>
>    Bullshit.  The rest of the computer industry moved past the archaic
> PC architecture years ago.

Yeah, but that other stuff doesn't sell in anything like the volume PCs do.

NB: I'm not talking "good" here, just "popular" and "profitable to make and
sell."

NB2: I'm not advocating the purchase, use or discussion of PCs.  Or even the
toleration.  Just the understanding.  "Know thine enemy" and all that.

-Shel