[rescue] Non-Fcode PCI VGA in U5?

Meelis Roos mroos at linux.ee
Thu Apr 29 08:02:02 CDT 2004

> You sure it is the video that is broken ?  Pretty sure in all my playing

Well, if I don't connect the keyboard I get the console on serial port.
If keyboard is present then nothing appears there. And the monitor
(tried 2 different PC monitors to be sure) turns its led green twice and
the stays off. In the rare cases that it works, it stays on the second
time or switches on the third time (don't remember) but then stays on
and picture is OK. The same keyboard works fine with other Suns.

I tried a Type 4 keyboard from SS1+ just to be sure that it's not the
keyboard - it works. And it works with the original Type 5 keyboard too
today. Strange.

--
Meelis Roos (mroos at linux.ee)