[rescue] Non-Fcode PCI VGA in U5?

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Wed Apr 28 22:41:53 CDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 13:47, Meelis Roos wrote:
> Hi, it's me again with my broken Ultra 5.
>
> My U5 has broken onboard video - most times it detects there is no
> monitor and disables the framebuffer. When it happens to detect that
> monitor is present, it works fine.

You sure it is the video that is broken ?  Pretty sure in all my playing
with U5/U10s that the monitor doesn't need detecting.  It detects the
Sun keyboard, and if that is there it uses video/kb console, and if
not it uses RS232 on the first serial port (unless directed otherwise
by the OBP NVRAM settings).

try another keyboard... check your kb connector solder points on the
mainboard, etc....

At least this is how I understood it worked.

-- Curt