[rescue] Re: clueless NeXT hacking

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Wed Apr 28 13:21:07 CDT 2004

On Apr 28, 2004, at 1:48 PM, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Andrew Weiss wrote:
>
>> You mean Command+Command+~ doesn't work?
>
> Unless I'm doing it wrong, no, it doesn't.  When, exactly do I have to
> press it, and it is:

>   e) Left-cmd + Right-cmd + `
>   f) Left-cmd + Right-cmd + Shift + `

e I think, and do it like this 1...1-2....1-2-3.... rather than
stabbing them simultaneously.

If it doesn't register I think I've done 1...1-2....1-2-3.3.3.3

> (note:  I don't have my NeXT keyboard in front of me, so ~ and ` may
> not
> share a key, and the ADB keyboard might only have one Command key, but
> remember being confused)

If the OS is booted it's another command entirely.  That command is
slipping my mind.

You do it immediately after it goes to the booting graphic.

I have a non-ADB keyboard on my NeXT mono monitor hooked to the cube.

Andrew