clueless GNOME bashing (was Re: [rescue] Mozilla Firefox)

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Wed Apr 28 11:33:47 CDT 2004

On Apr 28, 2004, at 10:50 AM, Tim H. wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 03:08:10 -0400
> Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:
>
>>   I think WindowMaker raunchy-ugly, but on all other counts, I
>> wholeheartedly agree.  Even mwm is lighter-weight than this.
>>
>>          -Dave
> I like Windowmakers ability to stay out of my way. When I had to use
> Windows I always auto hid the task bar and installed a window shader so
> I could work more efficiently.  Who figured it would be a good idea to
> maximize a window when you double click the titlebar??  Why would you
> maximize a window anyway?
>
> Tim

Well you'd probably maximize a window to declutter your workspace.

In Windows, I have an always visible start bar... top row is Quick
Launch ala OS X's dock, and bottom is running programs so I can switch
quickly with either mouse or keyboard.  I always run Windows programs
maximized.

On OS X and every other OS... I never run maximized.

It's probably because, at least on Mac OS's, of the one menu bar on top
versus attached to each window.

Andrew