[rescue] Forth books

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Apr 28 09:37:06 CDT 2004

> From: Ross Bernheim <rossber at mindspring.com>
> Date: 2004/04/28 Wed PM 02:27:05 GMT
> To: rescue at sunhelp.org
> Subject: [rescue] Re: rescue Digest, Vol 17, Issue 185
>
> On Wednesday, April 28, 2004, at 07:09 AM, rescue-request at sunhelp.org
> wrote:
>
> > Look at the prices on these books - I wonder if people actually pay
> > these prices...
>
> Probably some of the more reasonably priced ones, but some do seem to
> be more
> than a little bit out there. Also remember that Alibris is about
> collectors and hard to
> find books so they tend to be a bit expensive.

Uhm, we *are* collectors, and they are hard to find...

I'd love to start a "re-publishing house" and bring back limited runs of classic computer-related tomes, of course they wouldn't be cheap, unless they were cheaply bound, but it could be an interesting sideline.

Those Forth books are good, for the information they hold - repackaged and made available at a reasonable cost, I think they could sell in small numbers still... Hrm, maybe what we need is a "Pre-Internet Bookmobile" - books printed *before* the internet...