[rescue] wtb: terminal server, 8 or 16 ports

Ian Viemeister sun-rescue at ian.viemeister.com
Tue Apr 27 16:02:24 CDT 2004

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 wrote:
> Folks, I need a terminal server for connecting to my various Sparc and
> PC machines.  That way even if the network card is not working right I
> can log in on a serial port and possibly save myself a trip.

I recently picked up a couple of Portmaster2 units from Horizon Datacom,
for $25 each, for exactly this use...  While I snagged the last two PM2s,
they still have PM2es (30 serials vs. 10 serials, and they each also have
a parallel printer port).  The PM2es are $75 each, and shipping on the
PM2s was very cheap (~$12 or so)

<http://www.horizondatacom.com/eCart/browse/productinfo.php?manpartnum=PM-2E&flash=0&dram=0&price=75&condition=Refurb&voltage=AC>

Firmware and docs are available at <http://www.portmasters.com/>, or just
ask me.