[rescue] Cheapest Cray?

Steve Hatle shatle at nfldinet.com
Tue Apr 27 15:09:03 CDT 2004

On 4/27/04 2:41 PM, "Tim Kirby" wrote:

> On 27 Apr 2004 12:08, Steve Hatle wrote:
>
>> A buddy worked at Cray here in Minneapolis back in the hey-day, and he took
>> me on a tour of the "Big Floor" where they had at least one of everything
>> Cray had made. [0]
>
> Craypark is in Eagan, a suburb of *St. Paul*, please :)
>
> The CCN (Corporate Computer & Networks) datacenter didn't really have one of
> everything; it certainly had all the current stuff, but I don't think there
> was anything older than a 1/S in that room at any point... but that was a
> long time ago...

Tim,

Thanks for the clarifications- my info is all second hand at this point- I
think I captured the flavor of the decline, though. Maybe it wasn't one of
everything on the big floor, but it was a _lot_ of cool stuff!

And as a boy who grew up in south Minneapolis, St. Paul is just that place
across the river where the streets don't make sense anymore <grin>. (for
non-locals, streets in Minneapolis are generally numeric or in alphabetical
order, in St. Paul they are generally all named, and if it's by any kind of
system, I've not figured it out in my 40 years...)

Steve