[rescue] Mozilla Firefox

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Apr 25 00:02:35 CDT 2004

On Apr 21, 2004, at 10:17 PM, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>>> I also can't figure out why people think it is so fast.  It must be
>>> because you guys are comparing it to older browsers.
>>
>>   I'm comparing it to current releases of Mozilla on the same
>> hardware.
>
> That's wierd.
>
> I see Firefox as a bit faster due to lower memory pressure and thus
> lower paging, but otherwise page renders seem to be about the same.

   Page rendering does seem about the same...which shouldn't be
surprising, it's using the same rendering engine.  What is faster is
initial startup, opening connections, dialog boxes, opening and closing
tabs...general *use* aside from the actual task of rendering HTML and
images.  On my machines the renders are effectively instantaneous
anyway, for all but the most complex pages like those containing huge
tables.

           -Dave