[rescue] Mozilla Firefox

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Apr 21 21:17:56 CDT 2004

Wed, 21 Apr 2004 @ 18:40 -0400, Dave McGuire said:

> >I also can't figure out why people think it is so fast.  It must be
> >because you guys are comparing it to older browsers.
>
>   I'm comparing it to current releases of Mozilla on the same hardware.

That's wierd.

I see Firefox as a bit faster due to lower memory pressure and thus
lower paging, but otherwise page renders seem to be about the same.

I also *think* that Firefox handles plugins more efficiently, but can't
really prove it.  It just feels that way for now.

Hard to test that one.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Work for something because it is good, not
just because it stands a chance to succeed." -- Vaclav Havel]