[rescue] Mozilla Firefox

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Apr 23 11:23:41 CDT 2004

On Apr 23, 2004, at 12:04 PM, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>     mem = malloc(...);
>     free(mem);
>
> Far more complicated allocations are quite common, and a lot more
> difficult than just calling free() on a single reference.
>
> A lot of people screw this up.

   It's easy to screw up, but attention to detail is what computer work
is all about.

   Think of what it'd be like if someone were to start selling a kit for
people who have "ham fists" to be able to start making wristwatches.
Sure, it's nice to give them the opportunity...sure, it's nice to have
more wristwatches.  But you know, I'd really rather have them made by
the 80-year-old guy who hasn't removed the eye loupe from his glasses
in 70 years, and makes true works of art.

        -Dave