[rescue] Mozilla Firefox

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Apr 23 11:04:44 CDT 2004

Fri, 23 Apr 2004 @ 10:38 -0400, Joshua Boyd said:

> On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 05:20:36PM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>
> > Only the very best programmers manage memory better than a well written
> > GC system.
>
> I'm not sure I entirely follow this.  What's so hard or inefficient
> about free-ing something when you are done with it?

Nothing, but you are talking about the most trivial case.

    mem = malloc(...);
    free(mem);

Far more complicated allocations are quite common, and a lot more
difficult than just calling free() on a single reference.

A lot of people screw this up.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["The strength of the Constitution lies
entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it.  Only if every