[rescue] Mozilla Firefox

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Apr 23 11:09:50 CDT 2004

Thu, 22 Apr 2004 @ 23:31 +0200, Jochen Kunz said:

> Don't get me wrong. Beside some minor (k)sh scripting I do all my
> programming in C. I earn my money as a C programmer for an embedded
> appliance and I do NetBSD kernel hacking because I _like_ to do low
> level
> C bit banging. I just don't want to do somthing complex and big as a
> web browser with a "tool" like C.

With a bit of work, you can write a few critical functions in C
that give you a lot of the automatic string handling of Perl.

That was one project of mine years ago: write a Perl library in C.

I was hoping it would help us translate Perl into C, and also make the
Perl prototypes easier to flesh out in C.

Never finished, and now I don't have the code.  The ideas are still in
my head though.

Most programmers -- and I'm guilty as well -- often don't maintain their
libraries very well.

In about a year, you can write a killer C library that does an awful lot
of what scripting gives you in terms of ease and speed.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["The strength of the Constitution lies
entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it.  Only if every