[rescue] first real server hardware

Peter Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Thu Apr 22 23:33:09 CDT 2004

On Apr 22, 2004, at 9:45 PM, Torquil MacCorkle, III wrote:

> (And on a side note:  Elite3d vs. Creator 3d?  Will any U2 take either?
> Which is nicer?)

Either is good, you'll only notice the E3D if you really do harsh 3D.
The C3D may actually have a bit faster 2D performance.

As for compatibility across the U2 line,

Series 1
--------
501-2633 - 67MHz clock
501-3129 - 75MHz clock
501-4126 - 67MHz clock

Series 2
--------
501-4173

Series 3
--------
501-4790 Will not work with 300MHz CPU 501-4196, also rev. 2 or lower
of 300MHz module 501-4849

AFAIK, all the Elite 3D setups for the U2 (Horizontal UPA) are M6's,
which are graphics cards with some serious sack.  I'd give my left nut
for one.

-Pete