[rescue] first real server hardware

Torquil MacCorkle, III torquil at chemist.com
Thu Apr 22 22:45:49 CDT 2004

> > I'm glad to hear that this type of machine is all of those qualities.
> > And, one of the reasons I decided to go with AnySystem was the fact that
> > everyone here on the list has talked highly of them. The fact that they
> > have some awesome warranty information on auctioned hardware speaks
> > volumes as well.
>
> John Butler is very high up on my list of Good People (tm).

More praise for Anysystem:  I bought a U1E from them, they messed up and
sent me a U1 non-E, then they paid shipping back to them and allowed me to
upgrade to a U2 2x167 for $10 extra.  So I got a U2 with 512mb of RAM, 4gb
hard drive, and Elite3d for a grand total of: $45.  I am pleased. ;)

(And on a side note:  Elite3d vs. Creator 3d?  Will any U2 take either?
Which is nicer?)

--
Thanks,
Torquil MacCorkle, III