[rescue] Mozilla Firefox

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Apr 22 16:33:50 CDT 2004

Thu, 22 Apr 2004 @ 14:52 -0400, Joshua Boyd said:

> Looking in my mozilla cache, I see hundreds and hundreds of small files
> in one directory.  Any competent unix person can tell you that is a bad
> idea.  I believe that Jonathan P. can explain better methods for this
> than I can.  But those better methods will generally involve splitting
> the cache across several subdirectories.

I found it interesting that some Gnome programs used hashes as
filenames.

Don't they know that the filesystem layer still does a linear search of
the directory?

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than
the sage amongst his books For to you kingdoms and their armies are mighty