[rescue] Mozilla Firefox

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Apr 22 16:47:14 CDT 2004

On Apr 22, 2004, at 4:18 PM, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> You just *thought* resource use was high before...
>
> As far as I can tell, the next major release of Gnome will have this
> built in, and a number of apps are going to be ported or will be
> otherwise integrated.
>
> It's too bad, because some of the stuff being built on top of Mono are
> actually neat ideas, but I don't want to pay the rest of the price.
>
> Just look something like the Gnome weather "applet".  It eats 23MB of
> RAM.  All it does is do an HTTP query of a weather site, parse it, and
> display the data in a tiny windows.
>
> Hello?

   Has anyone discussed this with the Gnome developers?  If not, someone
should.  The problem is, with most Linux-centric stuff like that, the
"developers" are typically a bunch of kids who think they can do no
wrong...and as such, don't even *hear* constructive criticism, much
less pay any attention to it.

        -Dave