[rescue] Mozilla Firefox

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Thu Apr 22 08:41:28 CDT 2004

On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 12:06:49AM -0400, Kevin Loch wrote:
> [...]

Just because crappy programmers flock to object orientedness doesn't
make it OOs fault.  Just look at how relatively lean classic OO systems
were compared to GNOME?  I mean, squeak smalltalk is sometimes accused
of being bloated, and it is downright small compared to most GNOME
stuff, but look at what all is in it!  Common Lisp with CLOS also used
to be called bloated, but it, and applications written in it are also
looking rather svelte these days.  In the linux world, the most
complained and bitched about stuff is coming mainly from projects
written in C that are psuedo object oriented.  A lot of them seem to
have significant memory leaks, and they are rather unmaintainable it
seems.  Perhaps part of the problem is that they tend to lack
introspection.