[rescue] PowerMac recommendations?

Caleb Shay caleb at webninja.com
Wed Apr 21 10:49:04 CDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 11:32, Mike Parson wrote:

> I thought the Series2 TiVo's had USB and there were a set of known working
> USB adapters?
>
> More reading suggests that the USB ports aren't enabled on the DirecTiVo w/o
> much hacking :(

Well, not MUCH hacking.  I had to pull the drive out of my DirecTivo,
hook it up to a PC, burn and boot a special CD image and run maybe 6
commands that installed a driver for the usb ports.  Put the drive back
in the Tivo and it came right back up and recognized my USB 802.11b
adapter without a hitch.  Didn't even lose any of my settings or stored
shows.

Cheers,

Caleb