[rescue] PowerMac recommendations?

Mike Parson mparson at bl.org
Wed Apr 21 10:32:02 CDT 2004

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 06:00:25PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 03:34:42PM -0500, Mike Parson wrote:
>> With the right software, pulling video off the TiVo is pretty trivial:
>> http://dvd-create.sourceforge.net/tystudio/
>> Run a little app on the tivo end, leave it running.
>> Window's client, list shows, click-click-click MPEG file is being
>> written out to your local HD.
>> You can even edit out commercials before you pull the video, but I
>> prefer to do that in a better tool.
>
> that is, if you've got a Series1 or Series2 standalone TiVo, or a
> Series1 DirecTiVo.  I have a Philips DVR604 and a Hughes HDVR2, both
> Series2 DirecTiVos.  This means no ethernet connections, and hence,
> no easy ripping.

I thought the Series2 TiVo's had USB and there were a set of known working
USB adapters?

More reading suggests that the USB ports aren't enabled on the DirecTiVo w/o
much hacking :(

http://www.ideaspace.net/users/wkearney/archives/entries/000544.html

Guess I'm gonna stick with my Series1 and cable for the time being.

--
Michael Parson
mparson at bl.org