[rescue] New G3

Eric Webb ttlchaos at randomc.com
Tue Apr 20 23:01:07 CDT 2004

I just picked up a G3/300with only 128MB (I understand that Macs are
RAM-hungry) that seems to boot just fine with the OS 9.2 install that's on it
now.  I don't have an ADB keyboard/mouse, and I see no USB ports on this guy,
so all I can do is watch it boot.  I guess I'll have to browse the 'bay or
stop by CompUSA to find one.

Are there any ADB-to-PS2 adapters out there?

Can someone explain the G3/G4/G5 thing to me?  Are these PowerPCs, or
Apple-specific derivatives thereof?  How do they compare to the 604e's and
the newer Power chips from IBM that I'm familiar with?

Oh, and why doesn't this thing greet me with the famous Mac startup chimes?

-E.