[rescue] Computerfests (was: first real server hardware)

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Apr 20 18:19:45 CDT 2004

Mon, 19 Apr 2004 @ 15:50 -0400, Dave McGuire said:

>   [I must've missed Andrew's earlier message]
>
>   I can sit here all day and rattle off the names of stupid suits who
> make in excess of $200K/yr.  This is not unusual.

I would be happier if the suits at the high end made their money by
investing in their decisions, where their return was based on the return
for society and the workers.

It's part of the idea to make decision makers profit or lose by the
quality of their decisions.

I'd even be OK with not punishing failure, but at the same time
eliminate the golden parachutes.

Same basic idea as those which suggest political leaders should not
profit from negative decisions.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["The object of war is not to die for your
country but to make the other bastard die for his." -- General George S.