[rescue] PowerMac recommendations?

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Tue Apr 20 12:57:26 CDT 2004

Dan Duncan wrote:

> I've seen a number of Quadra AV machines offered here recently
> for virtually (actually?) nothing.

   Like my old Quadra 840AV...won't someone please come take it away?
(It has a nice Thunder II board, too, I think.)

> Why would it need to be a new machine for all the tasks?

   A digital camcorder was mentioned, I believe, among other stuff:

> ...I have to fit in around an 8 channel light board, a 16
> channel audio board, all the accompanying EQ, Compressor/Limiter, 2 CD
> players, A couple Cassette decks, a VCR, and another body to help
> twiddle knobs, all without being an eyesore or displacing more than 7
> people worth of floor space in the back of the sanctuary.

    Having played a little with my 840AV, I dunno how happy anyone would
be with the combination of the two. Also, there's the matter of running
iMovie on a Quadra: that baloney about the "rated clock speed being 80
MHz while it's only sold as 40 MHz machine" just doesn't cover the gap
here, as much as Ilove thoses systems.
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt