[rescue] Computer shows in Atlanta...

Michael Still michaelstill at tmail.com
Tue Apr 20 08:43:16 CDT 2004

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 11:13pm, Earl D. Baugh Jr. wrote:
> Well, there use to be a good auction house over in Roswell (Quality
> Computer Components)
..snip..

> I just visited a show off 85 (like 2 weekends ago) after moving here to
> Alpharetta.  Blah!

I went to the same show when it was in cobb galleria a few years ago.
Blah as well.

>> Around Atlanta we have Georgia Tech, Georgia State, Lockheed Martin,
>> Dobbins
>> AFB, Warner Robbins, State of Georgia, and a lot of companies that went
>> belly up during dot-bomb days (i.e. iXL)

I go to ga state and when I found out they were taking our shell
accounts off a 6 way sun ss1000 I emailed them saying I could put it to
use. But it turns out they're still using it today for faculty email.

>> But I've not been able to find anything out about surplus sales or
>> auctions
>> locally outside of GSA or Dovebid.  Seems like Alltel has been selling
>> off a
>> lot in the past year though.

I went to a dot bomb auction (broad river) a couple years back.  Lots
and lots of goodies there especially if you like sun and cisco stuff,
but the place was jam packed with people who thought the stuff was worth
more than I did so I ended up with no goodies.