[rescue] Telephon rescue!

Skeezics Boondoggle skeezics at q7.com
Mon Apr 19 19:46:29 CDT 2004

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004, Ed wrote:

> I've always had this dream of sqwaking into a speaking tube:
>
> "Engine room, bridge.  All ahead flank."

Then here's the rescue for you:

http://www.frenchcreekboatsales.com/details.asp?File_Number=BOP12

Yup, an aircraft carrier:  the *perfect* platform for setting up the Crays
and some satellite links for an off-shore "data haven".  (HavenCo may have
an AA gun, but wouldn't your data feel safer with a company that has its
own air force? :-)  They say piracy on the high seas is increasing... uh
huh.  "Ahoy there, are you actually attempting to board my aircraft
carrier?"  <Phalanx guns train and begin to spin up...>

Aw, DAMN.  Sold for scrap!?!?  DAMN!!  ARGH!!

Oh, *that blows.*  I've gotta check my bookmarks more regularly.

Originally listed at $4.5M, I thought this was the coolest thing ever, and
I was just $4.49M away in saving up my pennies, too!  To be able to head
out to international waters, tool around the South Pacific, the Carribean,
the Mediterranean... endless hours of fun getting plotzed and flinging
crap off the front of the ship with the steam catapult... and cruising
into Portland for the Rose Festival, pulling up at the seawall and the
crowds of astonished onlookers, walking casually down the gangway, then
turning and clicking the remote... <BLEEPbloop>

Much hilarity, indeed!

Ah, well.  It's not a big leap from collecting 9,000 lbs of computers to
16,900 tons of aircraft carrier.  I have got to lay off the cough syrup.

-- Chris