[rescue] SSA 101 & multi-pack

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Mon Apr 19 19:15:24 CDT 2004

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 07:40:55PM -0400, Jeff Cole wrote:
> A friend (and list member) gave me an SSA 101 awhile back, complete with
> the fibre cable and card.
>
> It can take 30 drives, but, I don't know if there's a limit to how big
> the drive can be. Also, I seem to be unable to pull each tray all the
> way out. Is this normal?
>
> Also, I've got a Sun disk multi-pack with p/n 595-3275-01. I can't seem to find
> out what model it is or anything. Anyone have a clue? Also need to find
> the correct size cable and terminator. I've tried a bunch of different
> ones that I've found lying around the mostly abadoned datacenter at
> $ork, but, so far, no luck.

I'm having trouble getting a definitive match for that part number too,
but it *appears* to be a 911 Multi-Disk Pack.  It'll hold four 3.5"
disks, originally Seagate Hawk 1, Hawk 2 or Hawk 2LP.  I don't have a
911 myself, but I'm pretty sure you need a HD50 narrow-SCSI cable.
*Always* use active SCSI terminators.  Open it up and look at the
contents -- if it's a 911 there should be a chassis in there to hold
four disks mounted on their sides.

Careful what you put in it, standard 911 power supplies are 60W units
that'll only supply about 4-4.5A each on 5v and 12v.

 :  alaric at caerllewys.net|phil-stracchino at earthlink.net|phil at novylen.net  :