[rescue] Re: first real server hardware

William G. Gruesbeck bgruesbeck at daysys.com
Fri Apr 16 14:36:52 CDT 2004

Joshua Boyd wrote

>Doesn't Gimp have a more native port than using X11 on Windows?  It used
>to.
>
>Also, does Cygwin/X do OpenGL acceleration?  The license of
>Hummingbird's Exceed that I used to use would.  It was a major pain in
>the but if the server was an SGI since so many of their bundled programs
>want OpenGL.  Worse yet is their programs that want IrisGL.

The way that I understood it was that Gimp would be a locally compiled
application that used GTK for windows, and that there was nothing X11
really involved in running it on windows. OpenGL stuff just goes right
by me. I haven't a clue about that. But maybe it's something I should
look into however.

William G. Gruesbeck Jr.