[rescue] Re: first real server hardware

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Fri Apr 16 09:29:34 CDT 2004

On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 10:13:46PM -0400, William G. Gruesbeck wrote:

> A long bit ago I got to use Hummingbird's Exceed for a short bit on a
> school/work project. I remember thinking it was really slick, but now
> I'll probably end up using either linux or freebsd on one of my x86
> boxes. But it sounds like Cygwin has gotten a lot more advanced since
> the last time I used it. Someone told me that Dia and Gimp 2 will run as
> well as several others. Would be nice for my one or two 2k boxes.

Doesn't Gimp have a more native port than using X11 on Windows?  It used
to.

Also, does Cygwin/X do OpenGL acceleration?  The license of
Hummingbird's Exceed that I used to use would.  It was a major pain in
the but if the server was an SGI since so many of their bundled programs
want OpenGL.  Worse yet is their programs that want IrisGL.