[rescue] Ultra Enterprise 150, A5000

Kevin Loch kloch at gurunet.net
Fri Apr 16 12:43:12 CDT 2004

Dave McGuire wrote:
> On Apr 16, 2004, at 1:18 PM, Kevin Loch wrote:
>> Sparc 2?  Even a 3/50 can saturate a T1 without working up a sweat.
>

>   Yes.  This is why I laugh my ass off at people who insist they need a
> multi-hundred-MHz or -GHz processor to use for simple networking tasks.

Maybe I should set up a 3/50 at the colo just to get it slashdotted.
I'll strip down apache to the smallest possible memory footprint.
Maybe even throw in a counter cgi to make it "do" something other than
serve it's own picture.

When I did that to my poor atari 800 it the counter looped around
after 65000 hits :)  The funny thing is the cs-210 terminal server
front-end locked up after about 40,000 or so connections, but the atari
ran fine.