[rescue] How much is this really worth?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Apr 16 09:10:00 CDT 2004

On Apr 16, 2004, at 10:07 AM, James wrote:
>> There's an Onyx just up the road. Don't know much about them, but I'm
>> thinking a grand is too much, but what do I know.
>>
>> What's does the collective think?
>>
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3090172875
>
> I don't know, but probably not a kilobuck. If it were, there'd be bids.

   Well, that's not so true anymore.  Market saturation does strange
things, and there has been a LOT of Onyx hardware on eBay in the past
year.

   That said, I agree that it's not worth $1000 for anyone having to
ship it.  For local pickup, I'd pay $1000 for that machine.

>  Send
> him email if the auction goes unbid and offer $500, you might just get
> it.
> And think of all the shipping costs you'll avoid.

   Yes...I second this recommendation.

        -Dave