[rescue] Re: first real server hardware

William G. Gruesbeck bgruesbeck at daysys.com
Thu Apr 15 21:13:46 CDT 2004

Nathaniel Grady wrote:

> On April 15, 2004 3:18:05 PM CDT, Francois Dion wrote:
>
>> I'm assuming you have a workstation of some sort that can do X
>> Windows? Even a Windows box can be coaxed into that. I typically
>> connect using Putty SSH with X forwarding and use Reflection X.

A long bit ago I got to use Hummingbird's Exceed for a short bit on a
school/work project. I remember thinking it was really slick, but now
I'll probably end up using either linux or freebsd on one of my x86
boxes. But it sounds like Cygwin has gotten a lot more advanced since
the last time I used it. Someone told me that Dia and Gimp 2 will run as
well as several others. Would be nice for my one or two 2k boxes.

William G. Gruesbeck Jr.